Saturday, February 6, 2010

Very Important Message About Jeans

 

I'd like to talk about a subject very important to many of us. Jeans. They are the little black dress of pants. 

Jeans are solace when you're facing another long workday. Top off with a blazer and step into a sexy demiboot, and you can walk into pretty much any office and not feel schlubby. 

My favorite jeans are a pair of Lucky's that my neighbor Amy passed to me. They always felt good and fit perfectly. They were so favored that a few months ago holes appeared in the thighs. I'd patch one and another would go.

So began the search for jeans. For months. I don't know if it's my long legs and thick waist, but I have had a devil of a time finding the next great pair. Sometimes I'd ThriftScore jeans that initially fit well, only to find that the magic stretch properties made them slink down my hips as the day went on, and I felt like myself in third grade, always hiking up my tights with the dirty knees.

This weekend I went to Redlands, a town way out in the middle of California's Inland Empire (why they call it "Empire" I will never know. I would like to meet this Emperor). I found a couple pair of jeans during a quick dart into a vintage shop called The Blues (the owner cherry picks estates and puts the hot stuff in this store, and the rest goes to Redlands Thrift). The pair in the photo is a flair-leg pair of Miss Me Jeans that retail for $98 at Nordstrom. They fit well, feel good, stay up, and rock that Hendrix vibe. ThriftScore: $6.

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment: