Monday, February 8, 2010

Soles for Souls

I am very, very American. I have a great job and lots of friends and tons of wardrobe choices every day. When I go ThriftScoring, it is mostly because I want to. It's fun and cheap and ecologically responsible. But I don't want to lose sight of those whose choices are limited. Like people who have suffered great disasters, in Haiti and after Hurricane Katrina. People who HAVE to take pre-worn goods.

There's a great organization called Soles for Souls that collects gently worn shoes and ships them to the people who are the most in need. Right now the focus is on Haiti.

So I ask that if there are any shoes you don't want, need, or have simply tired of, please consider donating them. It's easy to find a location near you.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment