Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Low Risk - High Return


This brown skirt fit well but was just too dang short to wear to work. I'm learning to sew and had some leftover blue shantung silk from a DIY headboard project, so I just figured I'd tack it on to extend the skirt.

It was a low-risk move because although I'm a novice seamstress and had a high probability of completely bungling this, the brown skirt was only $1 at my local Out of the Closet. And I wasn't wearing it anyway.

I did have a little misalignment on where the seams meet, so I made a little flower from more of the silk and just pinned it on there. 

ThriftScoring is a great way to practice your skills, without worrying too much about wrecking something if it was super cheap.

Tah dah! Now let's just hope that it doesn't all unravel in the wash ...
















Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment