Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Garage Sale Bonanza

 



=


This weekend I went to a garage sale. I happened to mention to the very nice woman in charge, who happened to be my size, that when I have a garage sale, I let people fill up a bag for $5. Well she thought this was grand and let me do the same. Two of the items I ThriftScored were these two skirts, which I reorganized into two retro aprons.

The issue I have with garage sales is that you generally can't try clothes on, so you have to be pretty good about knowing what size you are in which brand. However, if you manage to score a ton of clothes super cheap, you can still repurpose them, or hand them over to a friend. Or, of course, your local charitable thrift store.

She also sold me a pair of nearly new Stuart Weitzmans for $2. 


No comments:

Post a Comment